top of page

Amphitrite Day 1

I'm really enjoying combining stitch with paint recently so continuing on with that here on the Amphitrite piece.

I was originally going to leave it without a background but then I found some silver sequins and I thought they'd look really good here against the dark blue!

The larger areas were painted with acrylic paints mixed with textile medium. I used watercolour paints for the shells and her skin because I don't want them to be quite as opaque and flat as the other areas.

It's looking a bit dark at the moment but the stitching and beads will lift it quite a bit


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page